At the beginning of the each semester, the Interfraternity Council hosts an organized process that is open to all men who register. It will begin Monday, August 13th, 2018 and run through Saturday, September 1st, 2018 and will include all necessary programming for Week of Welcome and will not interfere with classes. It is open to all men who register. Men interested must be registered by September 1st, 2018 in order to participate. Formal recruitment will begin September 3rd through September 6th which includes house tours of each fraternity as well as invite-only chapter events for September 7th.
GPA recruitment in order to be accepted as a New Member by any Member Fraternity:
i. A minimum high school GPA of 2.30 for first semester freshman
ii. A minimum college GPA of 2.25 or a GPA at/or above the All-Men’s average
Along with being an enrolled student at MSU taking classes at MSU
Fall Rush 2018
Greek Fall Welcome
Date: August 27th
Location: The Rock
Rush Information Session
Date: September 2nd
Location: Kellogg Center
Date: September 3rd-7th
Location: Fraternity Houses
Spring Rush 2019
Pre Rush Information Session
Location: Fraternity Houses
Steps For a Successful Rush Week
- Fall 2018 Men’s Rush Week is Sunday, September 2nd through Friday, September 7th.
- Rush events will be held at individual fraternity houses from Monday, September 3rd through Thursday, September 6th. These events follow an open door format.
- Try to map out 3-5 fraternities per day that you can check out. Keep all your options open.
- DO NOT RUSH ONLY ONE HOUSE!
- Check out houses of all membership sizes! You may find that your original opinions on fraternities could change.
- Dress business casual – nothing too fancy.
- Be yourself! Do not try to fit the mold of what you think a stereotypical ‘fraternity’ guy is.
- At each fraternity house, make sure you give all your information to the individuals at the registration table. This ensures that you can be contacted by members of the organization(s) about your future membership.
- While you are at a fraternity house, try to talk to as many people as you can. This will help you know if that fraternity is the right place for you.
- Under No Circumstances are you allowed to drink alcohol or do drugs during recruitment. Do not show up to recruitment events under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This will result in your removal from recruitment events. If you are offered any alcohol or drugs, or hear about these substances being present at a fraternity house, please contact the Interfraternity Council Vice President for Recruitment, Drew Koets, at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contacnt Drew Koets, V.P. of Recruitment for Interfraternity Council.